Spinach, Fennel & Leek Flatbread
- 1 premade flatbread
- 1 cup feta crumbles, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp. whipped cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 packed cup Cal-Organic Spinach
- 1 cup Cal-Organic Fennel
- 1 cup Cal-Organic Leeks
- 1 tbsp. fresh minced garlic
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Chop spinach and thinly slice fennel and leeks.
- Add feta and cream cheese to a food processor. Puree for 4-5 minutes, scraping down the sides if needed. Puree until smooth and creamy.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add sliced fennel and leeks. Season with black pepper. Sauté for 10 minutes, or until softened and starting to caramelize. Add minced garlic* during the last one minute of sautéing. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Place flatbread on a lined baking sheet. Spread whipped feta and cream cheese mixture on flatbread. Sprinkle with chopped spinach. Top with sautéed fennel and leeks.
- Bake at 400° Fahrenheit for 12 minutes. Cut into pieces and enjoy!
Recipe produced by Clovers & Kale
*Out of garlic? You can easily substitute 1 tbsp. fresh minced garlic for 1 tsp. garlic powder—just add it to the skillet with black pepper.
Back To Our Roots
12 sweet, savory, and fresh recipes using our favorite Cal-Organic root vegetables.Download