Rainbow Carrot Chip and Mixed Vegetable Tempura
- 2 cups Cal-Organic Rainbow Carrot Chips
- 1 cup Cal-Organic Green Beans
- 1 cup Cal-Organic Broccoli
- 1 cup Cal-Organic Cauliflower
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 12 oz. seltzer water
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Trim stems from green beans. Chop broccoli and cauliflower into florets, about 1 cup each, and repurpose stems for another use.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, a pinch of salt, seltzer, soy sauce and sesame oil. Set aside until ready to use.
- Heat oil to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. When oil is hot, use chop sticks or forks to toss vegetables a few at a time in the batter and then in the oil. Fry for 3-4 minutes each, stirring and flipping often. Cook in batches and remove to a paper towel lined plate when they are done.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt while still hot. Repeat with remaining batter and vegetables.
- Make ponzu sauce by stirring together ½ cup soy sauce and ½ cup mirin. Serve with fried vegetables.
Back To Our Roots
12 sweet, savory, and fresh recipes using our favorite Cal-Organic root vegetables.Download