Garden Roasted Gazpacho
- 6 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cups, diced Cal-Organic Red Onions
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup, diced Cal-Organic Fennel
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 -3 cups tomato juice, depending on how chunky you want the soup
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup, diced Cal-Organic Cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the tomatoes, onions, green peppers and fennel on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Roast for 30 minutes in the oven.
- Carefully remove the vegetables and place in a large mixing bowl. Be sure to add any of the liquid that has cooked out of the vegetables that is remaining on the sheet pan. Add the tomato juice and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Fold in the diced cucumber, cilantro and minced garlic.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour and up to 6 hours before serving.
Back To Our Roots
12 sweet, savory, and fresh recipes using our favorite Cal-Organic root vegetables.Download