Sloppy Farmer Joes
Ready In: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Serves: 6 sandwiches
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium Cal-Organic onion, diced (about a cup)
- 1 cup Cal-Organic/Bunny Luv carrots, peeled and diced small
- 1/2 cup Cal-Organic fennel, diced
- 1 stalk Cal-Organic celery, diced
- 1/2 cup Cal-Organic parsnips, diced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 pound raw ground turkey
- 3/4 cup ketchup or chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 scallions, diced for garnish
- 6 hamburger buns
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add all the diced vegetables, as well as chili powder and salt and pepper.
- Sauté for about three minutes, then cover for 5 minutes. Carefully remove cover and add turkey. Stir and separate the turkey as it cooks. Stir to combine vegetables and turkey meat, until cooked through, about 4 minutes. Add ketchup, brown sugar, water, and Worcestershire sauce and mix well to allow the sugar to melt.
- Stir to coat all the meat and vegetables and allow simmering for 4 minutes to meld all the flavors together. Sprinkle with diced scallions and serve between hamburger buns.