White Bean & Kale Soup
Slow Cooker Recipe
- 1 lb. Cal-Organic Green Kale
- 1 medium Cal-Organic Yellow Onions
- 6 Cal-Organic Green Onions
- 15 oz. cannellini beans, canned
- 42 oz. vegetable stock
- 15 oz. tomato purée
- 1/2 cup converted rice
- 2 tsp. basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Olive oil, for serving
- Rinse and drain cannellini beans.
- Combine beans, vegetable stock, tomato puree, rice and basil in the slow cooker.
- Finely chop peeled onion and garlic and add to cooker. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and stir to blend.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 – 7 hours.
- Remove tough stems from kale and cut into ribbons, then thinly slice green onions.
- Add kale and green onions to cooker and cook on low until kale is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve hot with Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
Recipe and image from our e-book Hearty Slow Cooker Recipes
Back To Our Roots
12 sweet, savory, and fresh recipes using our favorite Cal-Organic root vegetables.Download