Kale & Sweet Potato Hash
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 medium to large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 Cal-Organic Yellow Onions
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1/2 bunch Cal-Organic Green Kale
- 1/2 bunch Cal-Organic Lacinato Kale
- ¼ cup Cal-Organic Green Onions
- ¼ cup Cal-Organic Cilantro
- White sesame seeds (optional)
- Sriracha (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once warm, add in the cubed sweet potatoes, cover them with a lid, and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover the pan and add the garlic powder, diced onion, diced peppers and coconut aminos. Stir to combine. Cook over medium-high heat for about 10-12 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender and starting to brown on the sides.
- In the last 5 minutes, add in the shredded kale and cover with the lid for 1-3 minutes to allow the kale to wilt completely. The kale should be vibrant green and soft, but not brown and overcooked.
- Top with green onions, cilantro, sesame seeds and sriracha. Serve warm and consider adding your favorite protein for a heartier meal.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days and reheat before serving.
Recipe produced by Flora & Vino.
Back To Our Roots
12 sweet, savory, and fresh recipes using our favorite Cal-Organic root vegetables.Download