Corned Beef, Cabbage & Carrots
Slow Cooker Recipe
- 6 medium Cal-Organic Red Potatoes
- 4 Cal-Organic Whole Carrots
- 1 medium Cal-Organic Yellow Onions
- 1 medium head Cal-Organic Green Cabbage
- 4 lb. corned beef brisket
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp. black peppercorns
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 12 oz. dark beer, strong flavored
- dijon mustard, for serving (optional)
- Peel and quarter the potatoes. Peel carrots and cut into 2-inch chunks (or use our baby carrots). Peel onion and cut into wedges.
- Place potatoes, carrots, and onions in slow cooker. Lay corned beef on top of vegetables and sprinkle with garlic cloves, peppercorns and brown sugar. Cut meat in half, if needed, and stack the pieces on top of the other.
- Add the beer and enough water to just cover the brisket. Cover and cook on low for 9 – 11 hours.
- Remove the corned beef and place in serving casserole. Arrange the cooked vegetables around the beef, cover to keep warm.
- Cut cabbage into wedges, leaving its core attached, to hold its shape.
- Put cabbage into slow cooker with the cooking liquid and turn to high. Cover and cook until crisp-tender, 20 minutes.
- Serve the beef, sliced across the grain, with vegetables and cabbage. Pour the juices from the crock in a bowl to place at the table, and serve with mustard, if desired.
Recipe and image from our e-book Hearty Slow Cooker Recipes
Back To Our Roots
12 sweet, savory, and fresh recipes using our favorite Cal-Organic root vegetables.Download