Rainbow Carrot Chip Stir Fry with Daikon Noodles and Chicken
- 2 cups Cal-Organic Rainbow Carrot Chips
- 1 cup Cal-Organic Bok Choy
- 1 bunch Cal-Organic Green Onions
- 2 Cal-Organic Daikon
- 1 cup Cal-Organic Broccoli
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. mirin
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 tsp. grated garlic
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- Cut root ends off bok choy and thinly slice. Cut roots off green onions and thinly slice, keeping whites and darks separated. Shred or spiralize daikon roots to create noodles. Chop broccoli into florets and repurpose stems for another use.
- In a large bowl, toss chicken with salt and 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil.
- When oil is hot and shimmering, carefully place the chicken in the skillet in an even layer, trying to give each a little space. Stir and toss the chicken until it is browned on all sides, 5 to 6 minutes. While chicken is cooking, whisk together remaining cornstarch with soy sauce, brown sugar, mirin, sesame oil, rice vinegar, ginger and garlic. Once chicken is golden brown and firm, remove it to a plate.
- Add broccoli, bok choy and carrot chips to skillet or wok. Stir and toss until vegetables are tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in white green onions and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chicken back to the pan. Make a well in the center of the pan and pour the soy mixture into it. Let cook for a few seconds then toss the ingredients until everything is coated, hot and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve on a bed of daikon noodles and sprinkle with sesame seeds and sliced dark green onions.
Back To Our Roots
12 sweet, savory, and fresh recipes using our favorite Cal-Organic root vegetables.Download