Arugula Salad with Grilled Chicken
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2, peeled, cut through root end into 1/2 inch wedges Cal-Organic Red Onions
- 3 cups leaves arugula
- 1/4 cup pitted olives, halved
- Prepare grill for direct grilling at medium to high heat.
- In a small bowl, make the dressing by combining 1/4 cup oil, oregano and vinegar; whisk to incorporate. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse chicken under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Brush chicken and onion wedges with some of the remaining oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken until cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes per side, and onion until tender, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting board; let rest five minutes before slicing into bite-size strips.
- Meanwhile, arrange arugula in a large bowl or large platter. Add chicken, onions and olives to greens. Toss with dressing and season with more salt and pepper if necessary.
Recipe and image from our e-book Back to Our Roots
Back To Our Roots
12 sweet, savory, and fresh recipes using our favorite Cal-Organic root vegetables.Download