Arugula Salad with Grilled Chicken
Ready In: 40 Minutes
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 Cal-Organic red onion, peeled, cut through root end into 1/2 inch wedges
- 3 cups Cal-Organic baby arugula leaves
- 1/4 cup pitted olives, halved
- Prepare grill for direct grilling at medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, make the dressing by combining 1/4 cup oil, oregano and vinegar, whisk to incorporate. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse chicken under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Brush chicken and onion wedges with some of the remaining oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill chicken until cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes per side, and onion until tender, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting board; let rest 5 minutes before slicing into bite-size strips.
- Meanwhile, arrange arugula in a large bowl or large platter. Add chicken, onions and olives to greens. Toss with dressing and season with more salt and pepper if necessary.
Recipe & Image from our E-book: Back to Our Roots