Cal-Organic Red Chard
extra virgin olive oil
pancetta, diced into 1/4" pieces
shallot, finely chopped
garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
Red chili pepper flakes
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash and rinse the chard leaves, but do not pat the chard dry.
- Tear the stems from the leaves and chop into ½” pieces; set aside. Stack the leaves and chop them coarsely. Keep the leaves and stems separate.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the pancetta in the skillet and cook until browned. Add the chopped shallot and red pepper flakes and stir often, until the shallot softens (around 2 minutes).
- Add the chard stems and garbanzo beans. Stir occasionally for about 4 minutes. Add the chard leaves one handful at a time until they wilt. Cover the skillet and stir occasionally until the chard is tender (around 5 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper and serve hot. Enjoy!