- 3 Cal-Organic Rainbow Whole Carrots
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Ground pepper, to taste
- Hot dog buns or leafy greens
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Peel the carrots.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, maple syrup, onion powder and garlic powder. Place the peeled carrots in a shallow baking dish and pour the liquid mixture over. Cover and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Once marinated, place the carrots on the lined baking sheet and roast for 35 minutes. Turn carrots over halfway through and brush the marinade over the carrots.
- Pull the carrots out of the oven, then let cool slightly. Place the carrot dog in a hot dog bun over a bed of leafy greens, then add your favorite toppings or try one of the loaded recipes below. Enjoy!
Loaded with: Jalapeño, red onion, arugula, sweet carrot relish, ketchup
Black Sesame Ranch Dog
Loaded with: Edamame, radish, red and green cabbage, broccoli sprouts, black sesame seeds, ranch dressing
Southwest Chipotle Dog
Loaded with: Green onion, red onion, cilantro, cucumber, sweet carrot relish, southwest chipotle dressing