Grilled Lettuce Wraps Filled with Corn, Rice and Beef
- 12 leaves Cal-Organic Green Butter Leaf Lettuce
- 1/2 cup roasted for garnish Cal-Organic Sweet Corn
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1 lb. skirt steak, cooked and sliced
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Cook lettuce leaves 2 or 3 at a time in a pot of boiling water, about 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer leaves to a bowl of ice water.
- Once all the leaves are cooked, lay them out flat with smooth sides up on kitchen towel; pat excess water and let dry.
- Lay the dry leaves out on a clean working surface. Divide the rice, corn, and steak evenly onto the leaves, a little off center nearer the bottoms.
- Gently roll up each bundle from the bottom, bringing in sides as you go. Brush all the wrapped bundles with olive oil.
- Carefully place the wraps on the grill, with the seamed side down. Cook for about eight minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Transfer to serving plates; season with salt, pepper & paprika and garnish with additional corn kernels.
Recipe and image from our e-book Summer Salads & Backyard BBQ
Back To Our Roots
12 sweet, savory, and fresh recipes using our favorite Cal-Organic root vegetables.Download