Cal-Organic Whole Carrots
garlic cloves, smashed
- Heat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Lightly coat a 2-quart casserole dish with butter and set aside.
- Wash and peel carrots, then cut on the bias into ¼” thick slices.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add carrots, salt and pepper. Stir occasionally until the carrots start to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour evenly over the carrots, stirring constantly. Cook until flour turns golden in color, about 2 minutes. Pour in the heavy cream, bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Transfer the mixture to the casserole dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake about 25 minutes.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add breadcrumbs to the pan and season with salt. Stir occasionally until panko is lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Move to a bowl and remove garlic.
- When the casserole is ready, remove foil and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Sprinkle toasted breadcrumbs evenly over the top and serve.