Carrot and Potato Galette
- 3 cups Cal-Organic Rainbow Shredded Carrots
- 2 cups peeled & shredded Cal-Organic Red Potatoes
- 3 tbsp. clarified butter
- Pinch paprika
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 8 oz. jumbo lump crab meat
- 4 sprigs thyme, fresh
- 2 tbsp. chives, fresh, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup crème fraiche
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss shredded carrots and shredded potatoes with 2 tbsp. of clarified butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy non-stick sauté pan over high heat until nearly smoking. Lightly butter pan with some of the remaining clarified butter. Add some of the carrot mixture to the pan and shape into pancakes. Cook for 1-2 minutes on high heat and then reduce heat. Sauté until golden brown.
- When galette starts to shake free from pan, flip galette over and lightly brown on the other side. Repeat until all of the galettes are cooked.
- Wrap galettes in foil and place in preheated oven to keep warm.
Prepare herbed crème fraiche:
- Mix together crème fraiche, shallots, chives, thyme, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Place warm galette on plate.
- Spread a dollop of crème fraiche on galette.
- Top crème fraiche with jumbo lump crab meat.
- Squeeze a bit of lemon juice on crab and lightly sprinkle with paprika.
Back To Our Roots
12 sweet, savory, and fresh recipes using our favorite Cal-Organic root vegetables.Download