- 20 Cal-Organic Whole Carrots
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 13.5 oz. can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 tsp. ginger, freshly grated
- 2 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup carrot juice
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (smoked sea salt, if available)
- 1 tbsp. cumin, freshly toasted and ground
- 1 tsp. coriander, freshly toasted and ground
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Peel and chop the carrots. Trim the root end (¼” to ½”) from the lemongrass. Using a sharp knife, chop the bottom 3” of the lemongrass stalk.
- Add the chopped carrots, chopped lemongrass and all the other ingredients to a blender and mix on high speed until smooth and combined.
- Taste and add salt to your liking, if needed. If you are not using a high-speed blender, you may want to pass the ingredients through a mesh strainer to remove any chunks for a smoother gazpacho.
- Once you have reached the desired consistency, refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours. After refrigeration, adjust the consistency by adding more carrot juice if you want a thinner gazpacho.
- Divide gazpacho among chilled bowls. Considering garnishing the soup with fresh cilantro, extra virgin olive oil, toasted and ground pistachios, salsa negra or crème fraiche. Enjoy!
Recipe provided by Chef Chris Sayre of The Padre Hotel in Bakersfield, California