Blueberry and Couscous Salad with Grilled Peaches
- 2 tsp. finely sliced Cal-Organic Green Onions
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 large peach, sliced
- 2 cups cooked whole-wheat couscous
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tbsp. cider vinegar
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill on high. In a large bowl, whisk together oil, orange juice, vinegar, green onions, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place peaches over direct flame, or over the hottest area on the grill. Cook quickly for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until seared. Remove from heat.
- Add the cooked couscous and blueberries to the bowl; gently toss to combine. Top with the grilled slices of peach to serve.
Recipe and image from our e-book Summer Salads & Backyard BBQ
Back To Our Roots
12 sweet, savory, and fresh recipes using our favorite Cal-Organic root vegetables.Download