Watermelon Salad with Green Onions
Ready In: 15 Minutes
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- 5lb Cal-Organic watermelon
- 1/4 cup Cal-Organic green onions, green and white parts sliced thin
- 3 Tbsp. fresh mint, minced
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Cut the flesh from the melon and cut into bite-size pieces, removing and discarding the seeds; set aside in a big bowl with the onions and mint.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, salt, pepper, and whisk until salt is dissolved. Slowly whisk in the olive oil, a few drops at a time. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Drizzle the dressing over the melon mixture and toss gently until everything is coated and evenly mixed.
Recipe & Image from our E-book: Back to Our Roots