- 1 lb dried black beans
- 1 medium Cal-Organic yellow onion
- 1 Cal-Organic green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup canned tomatoes
- 8 cups water
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- Cilantro for garnish
1. Rinse beans under cold running water and drain. Place in the slow cooker and cover by 3 inches of water. Soak for 6 hours or overnight.
2. Drain beans and add to cooker. Finely chop onion, bell pepper and jalapeno. Add to cooker with cumin, bay leaf, diced tomatoes and water to cover.
3. Cover and cook on high for 4 to 6 hours. Check beans at 3 hours. Keep beans covered with liquid during cooking. When done, they will be tender and hold their shape.
4. Remove bay leaf, add vinegar, and season to taste with salt. Serve hot, garnish with cilantro.
Recipe & Image from our E-book: Hearty Slow Cooker Recipes