Pumpkin Carrot Cupcakes
Ready In: 1 hour
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 18-20 minutes
Serves: 24 cupcakes
- 1 (10-oz.) bag Cal-Organic/Bunny Luv Shredded Carrots
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb. confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, add the shredded carrots and orange juice. Heat over medium heat and cover for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and puree in a food processor.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, blend the cake mix, eggs, pumpkin, oil and water with a hand mixer. Fold in the carrot puree and fill 3/4 way full, 24 prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and once completely cool, ice with cream cheese icing (below). Garnish with shredded carrots.
For the icing:
- With a hand mixer, mix the butter and cream cheese until well combined.
- Slowly add the confectioners’ sugar until thoroughly mixed.