Slow Cooker Recipe
- 2 medium Cal-Organic Yellow Onions
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes, Italian style
- 1/2 cup vermouth or dry white wine
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. tarragon
- 2 tsp. kosher salt, to taste
- 1 tsp. black pepper, to taste
- sour cream, for serving
- fresh basil, for garnish
- Peel and chop the onions. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring, until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Combine tomatoes, vermouth, sugar, and tarragon in the slow cooker. Add the onions and butter, scraping out the pan.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Puree with an immersion blender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the hot soup into bowl and garnish with a spoonful of cold sour cream and a fresh basil leaf.
Recipe and image from our e-book Hearty Slow Cooker Recipes