- 1/4 cup, thinly sliced Cal-Organic Green Onions
- 5 lb. watermelon
- 3 tbsp. fresh mint, minced
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Slice the melon from the rind and cut into bite-size pieces, removing and discarding the seeds; set aside in a big bowl with the onions and mint.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, salt, pepper, and whisk until salt is dissolved. Slowly whisk in the olive oil a few drops at a time. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Drizzle the dressing over the melon mixture and toss gently until everything is coated and evenly mixed.
Recipe and image from our e-book Back to Our Roots