Slow Cooker Recipe
- 3 lb. Cal-Organic Broccoli
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. kosher salt, to taste
- 1 tsp. black pepper, to taste
- French bread, for serving
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Cut florets from the broccoli and chop them. Trim off the tough bottom 2 inches of the stem, peel the stem and thinly slice.
- Combine broccoli, olive oil, sliced garlic, thyme leaves, stock, wine and lemon juice in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Puree soup with an immersion blender. Puree smooth or leave chunky pieces, if desired. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls, with toasted French bread and freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional).
Recipe and image from our e-book Hearty Slow Cooker Recipes