White Bean & Kale Soup
- 15 oz cannellini beans, canned
- 42 oz vegetable stock
- 15 oz tomato puree
- 1/2 cup converted rice
- 2 tsp. basil
- 1 medium Cal-Organic yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, to taste
- 1 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 lb Cal-Organic green kale
- 6 Cal-Organic green onions
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, for serving
1. Rinse and drain cannellini beans.
2. Combine beans, vegetable stock, tomato puree, rice and basil in the slow cooker.
3. Finely chop peeled onion and garlic and add to cooker. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir to blend.
4. Cover and cook on low for 5 – 7 hours.
5. Remove tough stems from kale and cut into ribbons. Thinly slice green onions to cooker and cook on low until kale is tender, about 20 minutes.
6. Ladle soup into bowls and serve hot with Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
Recipe & Image from our E-book: Hearty Slow Cooker Recipes