Nutty tasting carrots.
Whipped Carrots and Parsnips
Ready In: 1 hour
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Serves: 4-6 people
- 1 1/2 lb. Cal-Organic/Bunny Luv Carrots, chopped
- 2 lb. Cal-Organic parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- Pinch ground nutmeg, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add carrots, cover partially and simmer 5 minutes. Add parsnips and cover partially. Simmer until vegetables are very tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well.
2. Return vegetables to saucepan and stir over medium heat until any excess moisture evaporates.
3. Transfer to food processor. Add butter and process until smooth. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
4. Can be made 4 hours ahead. Re-warm over low heat, stirring often. Transfer to bowl. Serve.