Basic sauteed Kale.
Simply Sautéed Kale
Ready In: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 1/2 lb Cal-Organic kale
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp red pepper, crushed
- 3 tsp sherry vinegar
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a dutch oven over medium heat. Add kale and toss with oil for 1 minute, until kale is bright green.
- Add water; reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Stir occasionally for 12 to 15 minutes or until kale is tender.
- Push kale to the side and add a teaspoon of oil to the cleared space. Then, sauté garlic and crushed red pepper for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Take dutch oven off the heat and mix in vinegar and salt as desired.