Seared Rainbow Chard with Leeks
Ready In: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2/3 tsp. sea salt, fine
- 1 bunch Cal-Organic leeks
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 bunch Cal-Organic rainbow chard
- Cut stems from chard (if leaves are large, cut out coarse portions of rib), then cut stems crosswise into 1/4″ slices.
- Stack chard leaves and roll into cylinders. Cut cylinders crosswise to make 1″ thick strips of leaves.
- Cut leeks in half lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/4″ slices, white and green parts only.
- Heat butter and oil in skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then sauté chard stems and leeks with sea salt and pepper to taste, stirring often until slightly soft, approximately 5 minutes. Add chard leaves and continue to sauté until wilted, stirring often.