Refreshing Pasta with Arugula Pesto
Pasta with Arugula Pesto
Ready In: 35 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, fresh chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups Cal-Organic arugula, coarsely chopped, stems included
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 16 oz package pasta
- Combine walnuts, garlic, arugula and basil in a blender. Whirl just until coarsely chopped.
- While blender is running, add olive oil in a thin stream. Transfer pesto to a bowl. Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt, and cayenne.
- Bring salted water to a boil in a large pot. Add pasta and cook until just tender, drain and return to empty pot. Toss with pesto, adding a tablespoon or two of water if necessary. Transfer to serving bowl, garnish with Parmesan cheese.