Holiday Fiber and Fruit Cake
Prep Time: 10-15 min.
Cook Time: 60 min.
Serves: 2 loaves
- 1 cup Cal Organic Farms Shredded Carrots
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Crushed Pineapple
- 3/4 cup Honey
- 1 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Brandy
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1-1/2 teaspoon of Allspice
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup White Flour
- 1/2 cup Wheat Germ
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- 1-1/2 cups Candied Fruit
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium saucepan combine the carrots, water, raisins, pineapple, honey and sugars. Bring this mixture to a boil and cook it over medium heat for ten minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and cool it by placing it in a basin of cold water.
3. Meanwhile, beat together the oil, eggs, brandy, and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix the dry ingredients together in another bowl, blending them well.
4. Thoroughly mix and blend the egg mixture, the cooled carrot mixture and the dry ingredients. Fold in the candied fruits.
5. Pour the batter into the oiled loaf pans and bake them for one hour, or until a cake tester inserted in center of the loaf comes out clean.
6. Cool the loaves on racks before removing them from the pans.
Recipe and Image from our E-book: Festive Holiday Recipes