Grilled Scallops with Endive, Carrot, and Pea Salad
- 1 pound Scallops
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 2 ounces Lime Juice
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Agave Nectar
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 cup Cal Organic Farms Shredded Carrots
- 1 cup Peas, blanched
- I head Belgian Endive, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons Pea Shoots
1. Preheat grill on high. Place the scallops in a resealable plastic bag with olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Seal and set aside to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
2. Whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, agave, sesame oil, and soy sauce in a small bowl.
3. Combine the carrots, peas, endive, and pea shoots in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine. Set aside.
4. Remove the scallops from the marinade and place on the hot grill. Cook, completely undisturbed, for 3 minutes. Carefully turn them over and cook, undisturbed, another 2-3 minutes. Remove the cooked scallops from the heat.
5. Divide the salad and scallops equally between serving plates and serve.
Recipe and Image from our E-book: Summer Salads and Backyard BBQ