A wonderful recipe for golden beets.
Gold Beets with Walnut Vinaigrette
Ready In: 45 minutes- 1 hour, 10 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25-45 minutes
Serves: 6-8 people
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. Cal-Organic gold beets, trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. walnut oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Cal-Organic Parsley, fresh, chopped (garnish optional)
- 3-4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1-2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Leave about 1″ stems and tails on beetroot. Scrub and put in baking dish with a little water.
- Cover and bake the beets until tender, about 25-45 minutes. Cool, then peel and quarter.
- While beets are baking prepare the vinaigrette. Combine vinegars, salt then add oils.
- While the beets are still warm, dress with vinaigrette and parsley. Add more vinegar to taste, season with pepper. Serve.