Fettuccine Carrotini with Sauteed Scallops
Prep Time: 25 min.
Cook Time: 35 min.
- 8 tablespoons Butter or Margarine, divided
- 1/4 cup Minced Cal-Organic Farms Onion
- 1/4 cup Minced Cal-Organic Farms Celery
- 1 cup Cal-Organic Farms Shredded Carrots
- 2 cups diced fresh Cal-Organic Farms Tomato
- 1 can Tomato Sauce (16 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 8 cups Water
- 8 ounces Fettuccine Noodles
- 1/2 cup minced fresh Cal-Organic Farms Parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 1/2 cup grated Sharp Cheese
- 2 pounds Scallops
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 2 cloves of Garlic, peeled and pressed
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed Lemon Juice, or to taste
1. In a medium saucepan melt the 2 tablespoons of butter and saute the onions, celery and carrots until they are soft. Stir in the diced tomato, tomato sauce, oregano, and garlic. Blend them well and bring them to a boil. Add the sugar, and salt & pepper to taste.
2. Reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer, stirring occasionally, for at least 30 minutes. If the sauce gets too thick, add a little water.
3. Meanwhile, get the pasta ready by bringing eight cups of water to boil in a large saucepan, add salt to taste, and prepare the noodles according to package directions. When the noodles are at the al dente stage drain them well, return them to the pan, and toss them gently with the remaining butter and parsley, to coat well. If you have to keep them warm for a few minutes while you wait for the sauce, set the saucepan in a large container with a little hot water in it and set on low heat.
4. When the sauce is ready, divide the pasta among serving plates, and spoon the sauce over the top and sprinkle with grated cheese. Top with sauteed scallops and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve at once.
For Sauteed Scallops:
1. Rinse scallops and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic, and cook for a few seconds until fragrant. Add scallops, and cook for several minutes on one side, then turn over, and continue cooking until firm and opaque. Season to taste with lemon juice.
3. Divide scallops evenly among serving plate.
Recipe and Image from our E-book: Festive Holiday Recipes