Prep Time: 10-15 min.
Cook Time: 30-35 min.
- 4 Eggs
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 tablespoons Wheat Germ
- 1-1/2 cups Cal-Organic Farms Carrots cut into whole disks
- 1-1/2 cups grated Italian Squash
- 4 tablespoons Sliced Cal-Organic Farms Scallions or Green Onions
- 1/4 cup minced Cal-Organic Farms Parsley
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs, milk, flour and wheat germ until smooth. Stir in the carrots, Italian squash, scallions, parsley, and shredded cheese, mixing well.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Allow the mixture to stand for a few minutes, and then stir thoroughly again. (It is going to look too thick for a proper omelet mixture, but resist the temptation to add more milk. Both the carrots and squash are mainly water – which is released as they cook.)
5. Pour the mixture into an oiled baking dish and put it into a pre-heated oven.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for five minutes before serving.
Recipe and Images from our E-book: Festive Holiday Recipes