Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
- 3/4 cup Cal-Organic Farms Baby Carrots
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 3 Cal-Organic Farms Scallions or Green Onions, cleaned; trimmed and chopped
- 3/4 cup Frozen Peas, thawed
- 5 large Eggs
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Fresh Basil or Cal-Organic Farms Parsely sprigs, for garnish
1. Blanch the carrots in a pot of boiling water for about 5 minutes or until tender crisp. Drain well.
2. Heat the oil in a medium frying pan and saute the scallions, peas and carrots until they are soft and tender.
3. Meanwhile, beat the eggs, milk, cheese, and seasonings together and add them to the carrot mixture in the frying pan.
4. Stir and scramble until the eggs are set and the desired consistency is achieved. Divide among plates; garnish with fresh herbs and serve with toast, muffins, bagels or rolls.
Recipe and Image from our E-book: Festive Holiday Recipes