- 3 lb Cal-Organic broccoli
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. kosher salt, to taste
- 1 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- French bread, for serving
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
1. Cut florets from the broccoli and chop them. Trim off the tough bottom 2-inches of the stem, peel the stem and thinly slice.
2. Combine broccoli, olive oil, sliced garlic, thyme leaves, stock, wine and lemon juice in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
3. Puree soup with an immersion blender. Puree smooth or leave chunky pieces, if desired. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Serve in bowls, with toasted French bread and freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional).
Recipe & Image from our E-book: Hearty Slow Cooker Recipes