Big Butter Lettuce Salad
Ready In: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 8 people
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Cal-Organic onion - red, thinly sliced
- 5 Slices bacon
- 2 Tbsp scallions, chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled and cut into 1" chunks
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 Tbsp pickle relish - sweet
- 6 oz sourdough bread
- 2 heads Cal-Organic lettuce - butter, torn into pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp. Transfer bacon to paper towels and discard all but 1 tablespoon of the fat. Cut bacon into 1″ pieces and set aside.
- Toss bread chunks with the bacon fat, then spread in a single layer over baking sheet. Bake until crisp and lightly golden.
- Combine mayonnaise, ketchup, relish and scallions. In serving bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and onion with bacon and croutons. Toss with dressing and serve.