Beets, Potatoes, Garlic & Thyme
- 3 to 4 medium Cal-Organic potatoes
- 3 medium Cal-Organic beets, peeled and halved (or kept whole)
- 10 - 12 cloves garlic
- 1 cup pearl onions (walnut-size), peeled
- 5 stems fresh thyme
- 2 - 1/2 tbsp. melted unsalted butter
- 2 - 1/2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 3 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1. Turn the slow cooker to high.
2. Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker and season well. Stir once to combine. The liquid should come about half way up the sides of the bowl; add more stock as necessary. Cover and cook for 1 hour on high.
3. Check the vegetables after 1 hour and cook longer for a softer vegetable mixture. When ready to serve, drain the remaining vegetable stock and serve warm.
Recipe & Image from our E-book: Hearty Slow Cooker Recipes