Breakfast quiche with fresh asparagus, bacon and Swiss cheese.
Ready In: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Serves: 4-6 people
- 4 egg(s)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1 lb Cal-Organic asparagus, cut and trimmed into small pieces
- 2 cup(s) swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cup(s) half and half cream
- 1 egg white(s), lightly beaten
- 2 pie shell(s), unbaked
- 10 bacon slices
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place asparagus in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Brush pie shells with beaten egg white. Sprinkle crumbled bacon and chopped asparagus into pie shells.
- In a bowl, beat together eggs, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Sprinkle Swiss cheese over bacon and asparagus. Pour egg mixture on top of cheese.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven until firm, about 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before serving.