Cal Organic offers a variety of nutritious fresh fruits and vegetables. With over 60 different nutrient rich offerings, our consumers have plenty of choices. From our kid friendly carrot snack items, to our baby bok choy, rainbow chards, or various kale offerings for today’s foodies, we offer a nutritious meal solution that will satisfy every consumer for every occasion.To put it simply, eating vegetables provides health benefits—people who eat more vegetables and fruits as a part of an overall diet are likely to have a reduced risk of some chronic diseases. Vegetables provide nutrients that are vital for health and maintenance of your body, including potassium, dietary fiber, folate (folic acid), Vitamin A, and Vitamin C. They are also naturally low in fat and calories, and have no cholesterol (USDA, My Plate). Some of the health benefits of eating a diet rich of fruits and vegetables include:
- Reduced risk for heart disease and protection against certain types of cancers
- Vegetables containing fiber may reduce the risk of heart disease, high blood cholesterol levels, obesity, and type 2 diabetes
- Vegetables rich in potassium may lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of developing kidney stones and help to decrease bone loss
- Folate (folic acid) helps the body form red blood cells, which are a vital part of the circulatory system
- Vitamin A keeps eyes and skin health and helps to protect the body against infections
- Vitamin C helps keep teeth and gums healthy, helps heal cuts and wounds, and aids in iron absorption
For detailed nutritional information by item, please visit the “our products” section of this website here.